Thursday, March 08, 2012

Opening a Business

Thanks for the guest post by Esteban Vinson

I just opened a little clothing boutique, and it is so much more work than I thought it was going to be. I thought it would be relaxing to work for myself selling things that I love, but I am stressed out and it is harder than I thought to make the store a success. I borrowed enough money to start the business that I will be OK if I don’t turn a profit for the first six months, but the pressure to earn is enormous. Operating costs turned out to be more than I expected because I forgot to budget for clearinternet and advertising. I feel like that was such a rookie mistake. I don’t think I would be able to face my friends and family if things didn’t work out, so I just have to work hard and get customers in the store. I know that it usually takes a while to become established, so I am trying my best to be patient. I have to stay positive and believe that everything will work out in order to be successful. If I show my nerves to my customers I know they will be weary of shopping with me, so I don’t have a choice.



post signature

0 comments: