Monday, October 31, 2011

Kids playing games

Authored by Leandro Delgado

I quit my job as a teacher six years ago to stay home with our three kids. I love being a stay-at-home mom, but sometimes I need a break. Our oldest kid just started kindergarten in the fall. The other two kids are home with me full time. By the end of the day, I am ready for my husband to be home. My kids quit taking naps over a year ago, so I really do not have any down time during the day. My husband does not usually get home until around 7pm, so I always try to start cooking dinneraround 6 or 6:15. I am not sure why, but this is usually the time of day when our kids are the most needy and whiney. A friend of mine told me that while she cooks dinner, she lets her kids play games on the computer, so I thought I would try it. We recently got internet by Satellite, so we now have access to all of the online kids games. I found some that are perfect for our kids. I let them play the games while I cooked dinner last night and it worked like a charm. It was like I had a mother’s evening out. I am so glad my friend gave me that idea.



post signature

0 comments: